Bangladesh Bar Council is an autonomous body of the government. it is established by the Bangladesh Legal Practitioners and Bar Council Order, 1972 (President’s Order No. 46 of 1972).
Bangladesh Bar Council is consists Of 15 Member. Attorney General Of Bangladesh is the Chairman of This Council. And Others 14 member are elected by the vote of enrolled advocates of Bangladesh. election of this bar council held for a term of every three years. after enrollment as an advocate every person need to take bar association membership. without the bar association he or she will not be allowed to practice on that bar association.
Exam Taken By Bangladesh Bar Council:
Advocateship Exam/ Judge Court Preparation Exam:
This Exam is taken by the bangladesh bar council for giving permission to practice in the judge court only as an advocate. to sit for advocateshipship exam you need to qualify few requirements which is given below:
Requirements to Become An Advocate in Bangladesh:
- Must Have To Pass LLB Degree/ LLB Hons From Any Recognized University Of Bangladesh.
- Must Have To Complete 6 months Pupilageship under 10 years experience senior advocate of Bangladesh.
- A contract of pupilage executed on the Bar Council prescribed agreement from and shall be filed with Secretary of the Bar Council.
- Copies of S.S.C, H.S.C and Degree or equivalent certificates and Marks sheets and copy of Law degree certificate or (In case of Foreign University degree an equivalency certificate from University Grant commission/ministry of Education of Bangladesh shall have to be submitted.
- Three copies of recent passport size coloured photographs attested by his/her Senior or Secretary of any Bar Association.
- With All These Documents You Need to deposit registration fee of 1200 taka approximately for pupilage registration.
2. High Court Permission Exam:
Bangladesh Bar Council organize also high court permission exam. you need to pass this exam separately to getting licensed to practice in the high court or supreme court of Bangladesh. an advocate getting licensed for judge court can apply for high exam after completing 1 year of practice in the lower court.
Requirements to Become An Advocate Of Bangladesh Supreme Court:
- Must Be An Advocate Enrolled Under Bangladesh Bangladesh Bar Council
- Must Have Completed 1 Year Of Practice after his enrollment
- Must Have Pupilage Ship Or Intimation Under A Senior Advocate Of Bangladesh Supreme Court.
- Having Completed LLB Hons/ LLB Pass And LLM From Any Recognized University Of Bangladesh.
- The agreement shall have to submit before the Bar Council within 30 days of its execution failing which this shall not be acceptable.
- Photocopy of National ID Card / Passport attested by his/her Senior or Secretary of any Bar Association.
- Photocopy of S.S.C, H.S.C and Law Degree or equivalent Certificates attested by his/her Senior.
- Photocopy of S.S.C, H.S.C and Law Degree or equivalent Marks Sheets attested by his/her Senior.
- Two copies of recent passport size colored photographs (Lab Print) attested by his/her Senior.
- Receipt of payment information for Registration Fee (Tk. 800.00 & Tk. 400.00).