Are You Interested to Know About Special Marriage in Bangladesh. Or Do you have a plan for special marriage in Bangladesh? If Yes, Then in this article i am going to discuss about the rules and procedure you should follow before taking preparation of special marriage.
Requirements for Special Marriage in Bangladesh?
- For Bride You Must Have to be 18 years old according to Bangladeshi Law.
- For Groom you must have to be 21 years old.
- Bride and Groom must hold two different religion. which religion doesn’t matter but both must hold two different religion.
- Same religion can not marry each other by this special marriage law.
Documents Required For Special Marriage in Bangladesh
- NID Of Both Bride And Groom to Prove that you fulfill the age requirement.
- If You dont have NID then Birth Certificate that fulfill the age requirement.
- In Addition SSC Certificate may required if you dont have NID.
- 4 Copy Passport Size Photo of Both Bride and Groom.
- Affidavit of Special Marriage.
- Passport needed if you are a foreigner.
Legal Requirement of Special Marriage in Bangladesh
- To Conduct Special Marriage you must have to give a notice to the special marriage register before 14 days of marriage date.
- You must have to bring three adult witness on the date of marriage.
- And You have to complete affidavit of marriage.
- You can not marry again if you already have a husband/wife alive by this law. you must have to be single or legally divorced.
- you can not adopt anyone by this law.
- If you are a father and you dont have any child then you can adopt a child.
- any foreigner from any country can marry Bangladeshi citizen except government service holder of Bangladesh.
- if any Bangladeshi government service holder wants to marry any foreign citizen he/she needs to take approval from the Bangladesh Government.
Ibrahim Khalil Palash (Advocate, Supreme Court Of Bangladesh)